Guys!! Things are starting to get really real over here. I’ve officially had my first interview in South Carolina and I’m all about it. I think this is going to be a good next step for me and I’m excited to see where it takes me! Since I’m in transition between jobs, I have had a lot of down time to cook and develop recipes (which is my fave thing ever)!! So before I forget, let me let you in on one of my favorite easy weeknight meals that you’re going to LOVE! Step aside traditional meatballs— now introducing turkey meatballs!! Turkey is such an excellent source of lean protein and takes less time to cook than other sources… so honestly, it’s a win win. PLUS, it is quite delicious!!!
Italian Turkey Meatballs
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 bunch of parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (I used gluten free panko)
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ***parmesan cheese is optional, but recommended ;)
- First, sauté the onions until they are caramelized.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl (add the egg & onions)
- Using a scooper, portion out the meatballs into identical sizes. Place in a hot pan with avocado oil and brown the meatballs.
- Place in the oven (375) and cook till done (about 15 minutes)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 tablespoons of red chili flakes (depending on the spice level you like)
- 2 cans of whole tomatoes
- handful of basil leaves (chopped)
- salt&pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil into a pan and sauté the garlic and chili flakes until garlic is soft (be careful not to brown the garlic!!)
- Add the tomatoes and use a spoon to help break them apart
- Simmer the sauce for 25-30 minutes
- Stir in the chopped basil, salt, and pepper
*** You can plate the meatballs and sauce on top of arugula, zoodles, regular pasta, or just on their own!!***
Hope you enjoy!!