I am such a breakfast person to the point where sometimes I have it all three meals…guilty!! However, I’m definitely an eggs, potatoes, turkey bacon kinda gal. BUT lately I’ve kinda not been feeling my usual and wanted to switch it up. If I were to do a sweet breakfast (which is so unlike me) I’d definitely do pancakes or oatmeal. There’s nothing quite like hot oatmeal right off the stove but I’ll tell ya a little secret… it is even better in the cast iron ;) or maybe i’m just convinced everything tastes better in the cast iron (lol) This recipe features TWO ways to do baked oatmeal, but really there are an infinite amount of possibilities! You could even make it savory (which I have yet to try, but now I think I gotta!!) My favorite toppings are fresh fruits, lots of cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup never hurt nobody ;)
Get pumped to change up your breakfast game and try something new, you’ll thank me later!!!
- 2 cups of oats (I use Gluten Free Oats from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (I use Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of PB (or any kind of nut butter you prefer–I used Crazy Richard’s creamy PB)
- 2 tbs maple syrup (agave or honey would also work)
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon (depends on your preference)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- toppings of choice (fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, cinnamon, etc)
**First, you’ll want to combine your wet ingredients together (whisk egg before adding) and then add the dry, folding the oats in. Be sure to oil the skillet before pouring the mixture in! Once you pour in the skillet, add your toppings! Bake at 350 for 25- 30 minutes**
Annnnnd it should come out looking all crispy and golden brown deliciousness!!
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
Hope you enjoy!!!