Guys!! I found the cure to that sleepy, unmotivated, overall crappy feeling we sometimes feel when the afternoon hits….Energy Balls! Ok, so this isn’t 100% guaranteed or scientifically tested but it’s a pretty good bet.
I’m just going to give you all a fair warning and say that these are hella ADDICTING. Like, you will not just make one batch of these, you’ll make three or four or five. And they may or may not be gone in a matter of one day….or less… but it’s all good because they are tasty, nutritious, and the world’s best energy boosters!
P.S. the following ingredients aren’t set in stone as I don’t typically use any kind of measuring cups for these…be creative and use as much of the ingredients as you’d like!
- ~1 1/2 cups of gluten free rolled oats
- ~1/4 cup of semi sweet dark chocolate chips
- ~1/4 cup of honey
- a few dashes of maple syrup
- ~1/2 cup of any peanut/tree nut butter of your choice (I used TJ’s creamy organic PB)
- ~1/2 cup of unsweetened flaked coconut…. because I REALLY like coconut
- 1 tablespoon of flax oil…added health benefit for the digestive system :)
Mix the ingredients all together and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to make them less sticky. Form them into balls and serve! Perfect for every on-the-go breakfast, mid-day snack, or late night craving. These little pretties are EVERYTHING :)
Enjoy and have a fabulous Thursday…Don’t forget to try and let me know what ya think!